|Metal/Oil Deposits||Thorium Deposits|
For more information on Resources, see The Resources
Deposits earn Oil, Metal or Thorium resources at a set rate, continuously throughout the time you own it, without requiring a specific act of collection, like Oil Pumps and Metal Factories (While in your home base, if you look at your resource collection total, you will see the totals constantly increasing from the flow of resources from the deposits).
- Each Deposit size contains a set of defensive structures that can be repositioned, but not upgraded or added to by the player. In addition, you may add one Platoon of your own units (max 1500) to guard the deposit once in control of it.
- Deposits can be obtained from either Rogue Factions (Yellow Color) or Enemy Players (Red Color). Control of Deposits is acquired by destroying all Defense Structures located on that deposit with the exception of the main deposit building itself which cannot be targeted.
- Occasionally, a Rogue Faction may attack and capture a player-owned Deposit. In this case, the e-mail notification will say that Yuli Destroyed your Resource Deposit. For this reason, it is advised to take care when capturing Rogue Deposits, because you may be accused of being a thief by the previous owner.
- Deposits on the map have a rising field around them, setting them apart from bases.
- The resources aquired from Deposits DO NOT generate XP for the player.
- You cannot loot Metal, Oil and Thorium from Deposits.
- You can increase the collection from your deposit by using this three tactical special ops, 18 Wheeler, Deuce and a Half & Dragonfly. Refer below and to this article Special Ops.
- Attacking a deposit of an Enemy Player may provoke him/her to retaliate, and will revoke any Damage Protection of your Base.
- A player will lose any Deposits that he/she owns when Relocating ("Jumping") out of a Sector.
Metal and Oil Deposits
|Depo Size||Per Min||Per Hr||Per Day||Level of Machine Gun||Level of Mortar||Level of Bunkers||Level of Mine Factory||Level of Defense Platform||Number of Turrets||Number of Bunkers|
Specific Info for Metal & Oil Deposits:
- Large and Giant rouge deposits now have drones that help defend themselves. However there is no drone silo and drones do not spawn after you take it.
- These deposits endlessly produce resources and once spawned will remain on the map regardless of ownership.
- There are six Special Ops that relate to Resource Deposits:
- 18 Wheeler, Deuce and a Half, Dragonfly and Jumbo Jet - Increase resource generation from deposits by 20%, 40%, 60% and 100% respectively.
- Forward Operating Base - Allows players to deploy platoons from any deposit that they own.
- Sky Sentinel - 5 Mercenary Paladins and 5 Warhawks deploy when a your deposits are under attack.
- New Rogue Faction Deposits will occasionally spawn on the map but on no set schedule.
|Metal Deposit Appearance Progression|
|Oil Deposit Appearance Progression|
|Depo Size||Thorium Amount||Per Min||Per Hr||Per Day||Level of Bunkers||Number of Bunker||Level of Mine Factory||Level of Defense Platform||Number of Turrets||Level of Turrets|
Those numbers are subjected to change.
Specific Info for Thorium Deposits:
- Each contain a set amount of Thorium that when depleted will cause the deposit to be removed from the map.
- Thorium starts depleting from the deposits as soon as they spawn regardless of ownership.
- A Countdown will be activated hours prior to a Drop. This countdown may be seen in the upper left of the World Map Screen.
- Are placed under ?? min Damage Protection when taken over.
- Any Units on the deposit when it becomes Depleted and Removed from the Map will automatically be sent back to the players base.
- May contain any combination of currently existing Turrets, Ground Units and Bunkers.
- The Thorium drops will be fairly large in quantity with Thorium deposits spawning for up to 8 hours in highly populated sectors.
- The amount of Thorium Deposit that spawn during a Drop is determined by the number of Players in a Sector.
- Small Thorium Deposits were introduced on during the Drop of Sep. 6th 2013 due to Player feedback.
- Small Thorium deposits are Level Locked and can only be attacked by Players Level 29 and below.
- Medium, Large and Giants will still make up the bulk of the each Drops.
- Kixeye has firmly stated that Thorium will never be available for purchase with Gold.
|Thorium Deposit Appearance Progression|
The image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
- Oil/Metal depots have outlived their usefulness, how about removing them all of them (or at least most of them) from the game to free up more space for all the stuff we currently need/have (Thorium depots, HH45s, AC45s, regular rogues, event bases, etc)?
I agree with your observation that their original purpose (resource generation) has been lost, and we will very likely make revisions to map composition along the lines you suggest. However, there’s emergent behavior around deposits where many players enjoy displaying their control over portions of the map by controlling multiple deposits. We won’t pull deposits until we can deliver a substitute for that activity as well.