|Building Description||The Mine Factory produces mines that can destroy ground units.|
|Effects of Upgrade||
Upgrading Mine Factory increases the number of mines you can have in your base.
|Building Group||Defense Buildings|
|<< Prev||Next >>|
- You can now build a Mine Factory, use it to deploy mines that can not be seen by the enemy.
- Upgrade the factory to deploy more mines or upgrade the mines from simple IED's to complex and destructive shaped charges!
- Kixeye've also made it SUPER easy to replace used mines, the location you pick for each mine is remembered with a flag and you just have to click the flag in the Factory to have it replaced.
States of Repair
|100% to 50% Health||49% to 1% Health||0% Health|
|Total Repair Time: 10 min|
Mine Factory Interface
No Flag Placed
Image & Level may be merged as seen in-game.
- IED stand for Improvised Explosion Device.
|Mine||In-Game Description||Upgrade Cost||Gold||Upgrade|
||IED||Patched together from improvised components.||Free||Free||Free||Free||500||500||20m|
||Flatiron||Hidden just below the ground, explodes in a large blast when stepped on.||10,000||10,000||9||4h||800||800||20m|
||Claymore||A fragmentation mine that explodes into thousands of metal balls when triggered.||50,000||50,000||46||1d||1,200||1,200|
||Bouncing Betty||Shoots up into the air when tiggered, exploding at head level.||100,000||100,000||90||2d||1,850||1,850|
||Shaped Charge||A shaped charge focuses the mine's blast, maximizing the destructive force.||250,000||250,000||4d||2,500||2,500|
Shaped Charges damage on
- Hellfires/ Elite - 90%
- Rhinos - 80%
- Paladins - 50%
- Challenger - 45%
- Mega Tanks - 40%
- Most other units are instantly killed excluding Hercs, Gatling Trucks, Shock Tanks, and several others such as the Suicide truck.
- Note: These percentages are NOT 100% accurate and are rounded to the nearest percent according to the repair time per mine/total repair time.
- After building the Mine Factory, choose where you want mines to be by placing flags around your base. Equip mines by clicking on empty slots in the Mine Factory. You can tell whether mines are equipped by looking at their flags. A green flag means there's an active mine at that location. A red flag means you still need to equip one.
- To instantly upgrade the type of mine, you may found Gold option. The Gold value may be vary. Example, before you press the Upgrade (using reso), the Gold is 46. Then once you press the button, the Gold minus 2 from 46 so you just pay 44 Gold.
- The Mine Factory only uses power when it is producing and upgrading mines.
- The Mine's damage seems to be by percentage rather than a fixed number.
- Mines are a very useful base defense, so make a weak spot that enemies deploy their units their while they dont know theres a mine field there.
- Mines leave a scar on the land where they exploded for 24 hours. Use it to predict mine locations. However your enemy can move them to trick you, so keep that in mind.
- Dogs can find hidden mines and activate them - but die or get hurt in the process.
- Protect your mines with snipers to prevent dogs from digging them out. However they could get by that and use 150 level 8 riflemen (causing a lot of lag on slow computer in the process).
- 1 dog can sniff 3 mines without dying on a level 17 rogue base.
- Place mines where enemies deploy their ground forces regularly -- this surprises them and gives them a nice long repair time.
- Tripped up by Mines? Send a Tank in ahead of the pack to take the brunt of the charge. Follow with more Tanks or Infantry units.
|Mission||Icon||__________Mission Description__________||Awards for Completion|
|Be Mine||Build a Mine Factory.||6,000||6,000||0|
|Some Missions May Not Be Available Until The Completion Of Others.|
|“||Builds Landmines which can be placed throughout your base.||”|
|— In-game description|
|“||The deadliest surprises lurk just beneath the surface -- watch where you step!||”|
|— Flatirons - FB Unlock Post|
|“||Put the info||”|
|— R.U.B.I. - Claymore Unlock Post|
|“||What's to fear from a mine that blows itself to tiny pieces? It's just shrapnel...buried in every inch of flesh.||”|
|— Claymore - FB Unlock Post|
|“||EXPLOSIONS ON A POGO STICK - Having too much fun with a Bouncing Betty results in an explosive finish, Commander.||”|
|— R.U.B.I. - Bouncing Betty Unlock Post|
|“||This mine does its work at eye level -- now you see it, now your brains litter the battlefield.||”|
|— Bouncing Betty - FB Unlock Post|
|“||Put the info||”|
|— R.U.B.I. - Shaped Charge Unlock Post|
|“||Put the info||”|
|— Shaped Charge - FB Unlock Post|
Hit Expand to View This Section
- Will there be any changes to mines?
- Yes. I want to get a mines improvement feature finished. Right now there aren’t enough counter-play options for mines, and the signals to the player about what is happening are also poor. We can give more gameplay to mines and improve these problems at the same time. - AMA with WC Design Team ( Aug 26, 2014 )
- WC Update 2011-10-07 - Mine Factory & Radio Tower
- WC Update 2011-10-10 - Hot Fix
- Wikipedia - Improvised explosive device - IED In Real Life
- Wikipedia - Limpet mine - Flatiron In Real Life
- Wikipedia - M18 Claymore mine - Claymore In Real Life
- Wikipedia - S-mine - Bouncing Betty In Real Life
- Wikipedia - Shaped charge - Shaped Charge In Real Life