|SPECIAL EVENT # 24|
|<< Operation: Hellstorm 2||Special Event Main||Operation: Floodgate 2 >>|
Operation: Floodgate is the 24th Special Event to be presented in War Commander .
In most cases Commanders are challenged to complete increasingly more difficult waves of battle against one or more Rogue Factions. With the successful completion of each wave in the allotted time the Player is awarded with special Event Experience Points (eXP) which they may in turn use to unlock Special Event Prizes in the Event Shop.
The Event Format for each Special Event may vary, see below for more information.
|SCHEDULED OPERATION DATES|
|EVENT STARTS||Mar 20, 2014||Depending on the Sector|
|EVENT ENDS||Mar 26, 2014||Depending on the Sector|
|GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION|
|EVENT NUMBER||24||Currently Special Event Schedule is 1 per month.|
|FORMAT||Hybrid||Both Attack and Defense Waves|
|ANTAGONIST||M.A.Y.H.E.M.||Commanded by Odin|
|DURATION||6 Days||Event Store open an additional 48 Hours|
|NUMBER OF WAVES||Infinite||As many Waves as the Player can Complete|
|BONUS eXP WAVES||YES||Fortress Waves with eXP Bonus Targets|
|eXP PER WAVE||Progressive||Starting at 600 eXP and Increasing with each successive Wave|
New Event Prizes
|New Event Shop eXP Prizes|
|Prize||Experiance Required||Unlocking Requirements||Classification|
|Rocket Silo||53,000 xp||Building|
|New Event Shop Wave Checkpoint Prizes|
|Prize||Complete Wave||Unlocking Requirements||Classification|
|Optimized Assault Barrel||Wave 21||Schematic that uses this Component||Epic Tech|
|Gold Core Battery||Wave 31||Laser Tank Schematic||Epic Tech|
|Stinger Schematic||Wave 41||Stinger||Schematic|
|Double Barrel Launcher||Wave 51||Stinger Schematic||Epic Tech|
|Widowmaker Prime||Wave 61||Mega Tank||Vehicle|
|Sale & Checkpoint of Previous Event Prizes|
|Prize||Reg eXP Cost||Sale eXP Cost||Unlocking Requirements||Classification|
|Gladiator||10,000 xp||8,000 xp||Sniper||Infantry|
|Hellstorm||25,000 xp||12,500 xp||Raptor||Aircraft|
|Laser Tank Schematic||25,000 xp||18,750 xp||Laser Tank||Schematic|
|Elite Gladiator||30,000 xp||22,500 xp||Gladiator||Infantry|
|Hellfire||Complete Wave 11||Challenger / Level 8 Tech Center||Vehicle|
|Elite Hellfire||Complete Wave 15||Hellfire||Vehicle|
|Hellfire Schematic||Complete Wave 22||Hellfire||Vehicle|
|Last Chance Sale! ( Removed from Event Shop at end of Event )|
|Prize||Reg eXP Cost||Sale eXP Cost||Unlocking Requirements||Classification|
|Honey Badger||3,500 xp||1,750 xp||Jackrabbit||Vehicle|
|Flak Tank||10,000 xp||5000 xp||Paladin||Vehicle|
|Slayer Drone||18,000 xp||9,000 xp||Thunderbolt||Aircraft|
|Halcyon||20,000 xp||10,000 xp||Raptor||Aircraft|
|Widowmaker||40,000 xp||44,000 xp||Mega Tank||Vehicle|
|Past Prizes Unavailable This Event:|
|Dual Missile Payload / Brimstone Targeting System / Wingman|
|Titan / Missile Barrage / Hellstorm Schematic|
Detailed Play Information
- Successful Defense- The Player's Base is considered successfully defended when all attacking Rogue Units have been eliminated while preventing the Player's Command Center from being destroyed.
- Repeatable Waves - The Player must repeat any stage in which the Command Center is destroyed in order to move on to the next Wave.
- Surrender - The Player may surrender a defense Wave at any time during the Rogue Attack. After which the Player may then Repair and Adjust the Base Defenses and restart that Wave from the beginning.
- 360 Deg. Defense - The Rogue Faction may attack the Player's Base from any direction. This is also true for each repeated Wave.
Attack Waves - Underground Bases
- Underground Base - Half of the non-Fortress Event Bases the player will be required to Attack and Destroy this Event will be M.A.Y.H.E.M. Underground Bases which will limit the type of Offensive Weapons which may be deployed in the attack.
- Underground Base Weapon Restrictions - The Player may only Attack with Ground Units, as Aircraft and Missile Silo Missiles may not fly into these caverns.
- Player Specific Underground Bases - Each Player will have solo access to the Underground Bases when they are required to complete the wave. To all other players these bases will appear to be under a Damage Protection Bubble.
- Single Attack Direction - Players may surround a Underground Base with Platoons to use during the attack, however, regardless of the Platoon's position all Units will enter the Attack from the Northwest.
- Unlimited Attacks - The Player may stop and start an attack on an Underground Base as many times as they find necessary to complete the wave.
- Unlimited Time - There is NO time limit for completing a Underground Base.
- Underground Base Wave Completion - To complete a Underground Base, the Player must destroy all Buildings and Turrets found within.
- Frequency - 6 of the first 50 Waves are Underground Bases.
Attack Waves - Island Bases
- Island Base - Half of the non-Fortress Event Bases the player will be required to Attack and Destroy this Event will be M.A.Y.H.E.M. Island Bases which will limit the type of Offensive Weapons which may be deployed in the attack.
- Island Base Weapon Restrictions - The Player may only Attack Ithe Island Bases with Aircraft & Missile Silo Missiles m, no Ground Unit may be used since they cannot travel across the water.
- Player Specific Island Bases - Each Player will have solo access to the Island Bases when they are required to complete the wave. To all other players these bases will appear to be under a Damage Protection Bubble.
- Unlimited Attacks - The Player may stop and start an attack on an Island Base as many times as they find necessary to complete the wave.
- Unlimited Time - There is NO time limit for completing a Island Base.
- Island Base Wave Completion - To complete a Island Base, the Player must destroy all Buildings and Turrets found within.
- Frequency - 6 of the first 50 Waves are Island Bases.
- M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress - For this Event, the Fortresses are called M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortresses.
- Fortress Location - Each Player will have a M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortresses attached to their Base that only they may attack. The M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortresses will loose its Protection when the player reaches a M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortresses Wave.
- M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress Layout - Each M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress Wave will be a different Layout each progressively getting harder.
- Single Attack Direction - Players may surround a M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress with Platoons to use during the attack, however, regardless of the Platoon's position all Units will enter the Attack from the Southeast.
- 70 Minute Time Limit - Players must completely destroy all Buildings and Turrets in the M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress in 70 minutes to complete Wave. Failure to do so will in the allotted time will cause the M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress to completely RESET back to full Health. This Timer is shown in the base's info box on the World Map. The Timer Starts with your first attack on the M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress. Once the M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress has Reset the Player may make another attempt at completing the Wave.
- Unlimited Attacks - The Player may stop and start an attack on a M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress as many time as they find necessary to complete the wave as long as they still have time on the 'M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress Clock.
- M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortresses Occur every 10 Waves - The Player must complete a M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress every 10th Wave (Starting Wave 10).
- Bonus XP Targets - M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress Waves give the Player a chance to earn Bonus XP by destroying the Bonus XP Targets identified with Bonus Icons above them. However, they are only available for the first 5 minutes of the attack (Timer on screen) at which time any undestroyed bonuses will expire. The Wave XP and any Bonus XP are added together and paid out when the 'M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress' is fully destroyed. If the 'M.A.Y.H.E.M. Fortress' is RESET, so are the Bonuses.
Experiance Point Bonus.
- XP Modifier - The XP Bonus Modifier, once active will apply a percentage increase ( base on the Level of the Modifier ) to the awarded Experience Point at the completion of every Wave for a limited time. This XP Modifier may be found as part of the Event Box.
- XP Modifier Activation & Increase - The XP Bonus Modifier is given at the successful completion of any ATTACK WAVE ( Standard Outposts, Fortresses, Island and Underground ). If more attack waves is completed while the current XP Bonus Modifier is still active then the modifier level is increase unit the maximum level is reached in which case the modifiers expiration clock is reset.
- XP Modifier Level - The XP Bonus Modifier has 5 levels : 4%, 8%, 12%, 16% and 20%. The level is increased 4% for each attack done within the an active modifier duration. If the modifier is allowed to expire the level is reset to the beginning and must be re-stacked.
- XP Modifier Duration - Once obtained the XP Bonus Modifier will last for a duration of 3 hours. If no other attack wave are completed within this time the modifier will expire and the bonus will be returned to zero. If another attack wave is completed in this time the clock will be reset to 3 hours. This could allow a Player, once reached to maintain a 20% bonus for as long as they can continue to play.
Ending of a Special Event.
A Special Event ends in one of two ways:
- The Official Event Clock expires. The event runs for a limited time of 6 days, after which time the Special Event Rogue Base will be removed from the World Map and all waves will be halted.
- The Player reaches a wave that he or she can not successfully defend or complete, thus forcing the Player to resign from the event.
Event Experience Points (eXP)
- The Player is awarded eXP for every successfully completed wave during an active Event. These points may be tracked by the Player in the Event Panel located above the Mission Panel while both on the World Map and in the Player's Base.
Special Event Prizes
- The Event Shop may only be accessed while inside the Player's Base.
- As the Player acquires eXP, they may at any time during and up to 48 hours after the end of the Event, choose to spend all or a portion of their eXP on one or more of the newly introduced Special Event Prizes in the Event Shop.
- Also available in the Event Shop are all the past Special Event Prizes excluding any Removed or Locked Special Event Prizes .
- The Event Shop is split into two separate sections:
Use It Or Lose It
Following the conclusion of the Special Event:
- The Event Shop will remain open for 48 Hours.
- Any unused eXP at the time the Event Shop closes will be lost.
- If a Player has no remaining eXP at the end of the Event the Event Shop will close immediately.
M.A.Y.H.E.M. Event Base Layouts
Wave Attack / Defense Breakdown
NOTE: Numbers for first 100 Waves.
|Attack vs Defense Breakdown|
|Attack Waves||Defense Waves|
|Attack Wave Breakdown|
|Wave Count||% of Attacks|
Wave Notes & Highlights
- Wave 3 - First Attack on Underground Event Base .
- Wave 7 - First Attack on Island Event Base .
- Wave 10 - First Attack on Fortress Base .
- Wave 13 - Attack Wave on Standard Outpost .
- Wave 31 - Defense Wave with Appearance of a Titan ( Level 4 or less )
- Wave 34 - Defense Wave with 2nd Appearance of a Titan ( Level 4 or less ) & a variety of Missile Silo Missiles.
- Wave 36 - Defense wave with Appearance of a Viper.
- Wave 37 - Attack Wave on Underground Event Base.
- Wave 38 - Defense wave with many FAVs.
- Wave 39 - Defense Wave with Razorbacks , Gatling Trucks , Behemoths , Halcyons, Missile Silo Missiles, Viper, Colossus, Elite Humvees & Elite Razorbacks.
- Wave 40 - Attack on Fortress Base that has a Rocket Silo ( Low Level ). Many mines.
- Wave 41 - Defense Wave with 3rd Appearance of a Titan ( Level 5 or Higher ).
- Wave 42 - Defense Wave with Widowmaker X ( Level 5 or lower ), Missiles & Hover Tanks.
- Wave 43 - Defense Wave with a Viper, Missiles & regular Mega Tanks.
- Wave 47 - Defense Wave with Appearance of a Titan ( Level 5 or Higher ).
- Wave 50 - Fortress Wave with Level 7 Turrets, Rocket Silo ( Level ? ) and a Blitz Turret ( Level 1 ) on a special Defense Platform.
- Wave 55 - Defense Wave with First Appearance of a Kondor.
- Wave 57 - Attack Wave on Standard Outpost.
- Wave 59 - Defense Wave with Appearance of two Kondors.
- Wave 60 - Fortress Wave with a Rocket Silo ( Mid Level ) and a Blitz Turret ( Level 2 ) on a special Defense Platform.
- Wave 61 - Defense Wave with First Appearance of a Widowmaker Prime.
- Wave 63 - Attack Wave on Standard Outpost.
- Wave 65 - Defense Wave with First Appearance of a Widowmaker, also includes Viper.
- Wave 70 - Fortress Wave with Level 6 Defense Platforms, Rocket Silo ( Level ? ) and a Blitz Turret ( Level 4 ) on a special DP.
- Wave 72 - Defense Wave with a Widowmaker, Widowmaker X, Viper, a Titan ( Level 5 or Higher ) and Many Missile Silo Missiles.
- Wave 75 - Attack Wave on Standard Outpost.
States of Repair - Floodgate Command Center
|100% - 50% Health||49% - 1% Health||0% Health|
- Operation: Floodgate introduces a new leader, Odin who has overthrown Krampus and taken control of the M.A.Y.H.E.M. Rogue Faction.
- Operation: Floodgate is the first Special Event to feature Aircraft Attack only Bases, the Islands and Ground Unit Attack only Bases, the Underground Bases.
- Operation: Floodgate is the first Special Event not to allow friend assistance on the Standard Attack Waves since Operation: Undead Rising.
- You may noticed that the building of Island Bases that located at the northeast of the map is same as seen in the Nuclear Strike (PC Games), please check the gallery.
- The Special Op - Hand of God was able to be used in the Underground Bases despite the restrictions on the usage of air units and missiles.
- Operation: Floodgate introduced 6 Brand New Prizes to the Event Shop, more than any other event to date. This was even more then Operation: Crossfire which introduced 5 New Prizes.
- R.U.B.I.'s Facebook : Event Page. (Official)
- Kixeye Forum Thread : Operation: Floodgate (Official)
- Kixeye Forum Thread : PREVIEW SERVER - Operation: Floodgate (Official)
- Kixeye Forum Thread : OPERATION: FLOODGATE – Official Sneak Preview (Official)
- Kixeye Forum Thread : Operation: Floodgate Event Discussion
- Kixeye Forum Thread : Mid Lvl Prep Guide / Operation: Floodgate (Official)
Click Expand to View Additional Quotes
|“||Operation: Floodgate has begun! Destroy all MAYHEM bases in sight before it's too late. Beat enough waves and the Widowmaker Prime could be yours. Best of luck, Commander!||”|
|— Event Begins|
Known Event Issues
Hit Expand to View This Section
Listed here are bugs that have been identified with this Unit. Once fixed each issue will be moved to Resolved.
|“||IF YOU WERE UNABLE TO START THE EVENT, WE RELEASED A FIX PLEASE TRY CLEARING YOUR CACHE, RELOADING, LEAVING THE WORLD MAP, AND RETURNING TO IT.||”|
|— CM KHaus|
Existing Known Bugs :
- Some player report not receiving XP for event waves. We have plenty of info & are working for a quick resolution for those users affected.
- "Brag" error: some users may see an error message on the "brag to friends" popup.
- Some users crashing / resetting waves.
- Thor is not showing as loot in Fortress but you get 100k when you come into the base - this is a visual bug only. You will receive your loot, but it may not display properly.
- XP received.
Resolved Bugs :
- Reports of missing event bases: we have respawned bases, all users should have those now. If you refresh / reload your game and do not have a base, please let us know / report.
- Seeing some reports of users being unable to start event.
Forum Discussion Links :
1 & 4. Operation: Rogue Assault • 2. Operation: Red Storm • 3. Operation: Warhawk • 5. Operation: Hellfire • 6. Operation: Red Sky • 7. Operation: Rolling Thunder • 8. Operation: Undead Harvest • 9. Operation: Shockwave • 10. Operation: Hellstorm • 11. Operation: Red Swarm • 12. Operation: Warlord • 13. Operation: Crossfire • 14. Operation: Front Line • 15. Operation: Archangel • 16. Operation: Halcyon • 17. Operation: Deadpoint • 18. Operation: Deadpoint 2 • 19. Operation: Undead Rising • 20. Operation: Desert Recon • 21. Operation: Devil's Grip • 22. Operation: Red Storm (2014) • 23. Operation: Hellstorm 2 • 24. Operation: Floodgate • 25. Operation: Floodgate 2 • 26. Operation: Cerberus • 27. Operation: Cerberus 2 • 28. Operation: Iron March • 29. Operation: Iron Reign