For All Non-US Users
Last Updated: July 15, 2013
1. Information you transmit When you use the Services, you transmit information, including personal data. The information you transmit includes information that is personally identifying on its own – for example, your name, address, email address, phone number or profile information, when you register. The information you transmit also includes information that on its own may not be personally identifying (for example if you access our Site and you do not register), but which we can link to your personally identifying information after you register. You send us this data in two ways. First, you send data actively, either directly or through your account and privacy settings on a social networking site like Facebook. Second, your computer automatically transmits information when you use the Services. The information you send automatically consists mostly of (a) technical information about your computer – including IP address, MAC address, operating system, browser type, referring and exit URLs, etc. and (b) Service usage information – including your interaction with the Site and the Services, games played, game scores, use of virtual currency, interaction with other users, etc. (collectively, “Automatically Collected Information”).
We collect this Automatically Collected Information through server log files, cookies and pixel tags. A “cookie” is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s browser while the user is browsing a website. A “pixel tag” (also known as a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic image placed on a website or in an email that informs us whether you have taken certain action (e.g. visited a website, opened an email, etc.). For internal use, we can tie the Automatically Collected Information to your name and other identifying information, including a unique ID number that we assign to you. We may store such information in databases owned and maintained by affiliated or non-affiliated service providers. For more information on cookies, click here.
2. How we can use your personal data We use the information we collect, including personal data, for a variety of reasons, including to:
- communicate with you on information of interest and respond to requests,
- operate, maintain and improve the Site and Services;
- enable you to connect with friends;
- provide you with personalized ads and product offers;
- perform analytics for internal marketing and demographic studies;
- troubleshoot technical concerns;
- develop new products;
- administer rewards, surveys, contests and other promotional activities;
- process in-game purchases;
- identify, research and protect against actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, unwanted use or other forms of fraud and abuse of the Service;
- enable third party hosts of the Site or the Services; and
- as deemed necessary, in our sole discretion, to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, our Site and Services.
3. How we disclose your information
To protect your personal data, KIXEYE maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the personal data you have provided. However, no system can be 100% secure and there is the possibility that despite our reasonable efforts, there could be unauthorized access to your information. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to KIXEYE via the Internet. By using our Services, you assume this risk. Please note that you should keep your account and password strictly confidential at all times. 5. Social networking sites
You can opt not to submit any personal data to us, by refraining from accessing our Services. You can also opt to submit only some personal data to us, but this may limit your ability to participate in some activities on the Services. If you play our games, you create data on our game play boards on your use of the Services. You can manage how your browser handles cookies through the browser’s privacy and security settings. You can manage what data your mobile device shares with KIXEYE by adjusting the settings on your mobile device. You may opt-out of certain advertisers’ cookies by using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool. You may opt not to receive promotional emails or SMS communications from KIXEYE. If you do, this will not affect your ability to play games. To do so, follow the instructions on the advertisement. Even if you don’t sign up to receive promotional emails, Kixeye will send you game updates, including emails about game events, news about the game and your account, and help with technical difficulties, as part of the service. Please note that when unsubscribing from a mailing list, you may need to separately unsubscribe from each list (e.g. War Commander emails versus Battle Pirate emails). You may, at any time, update or correct your personal data by emailing email@example.com. If you use the Services through a SNS, you may modify your privacy settings at any time or remove the Service from you SNS account. Please be aware that even after you remove the Service or deactivate your SNS account, some or all of your information may be visible to others if it has been incorporated into other users’ content, was shared publicly by you or others or posted on a third-party platform. A request to delete your account may not result in removal of information collected that has been put in aggregate form, or information that cannot, in our sole discretion, be removed without undue burden by KIXEYE, including data stored on our servers and the servers of SNS. KIXEYE may also be required to retain certain purchasing information for compliance purposes. 8. Children under 13
Our forums, message boards and public chats are public on the internet. This means that information you post in these public areas and your user name and profile image may be viewable by persons outside of the Site and show up on other websites (for instance, as search results). This information can be collected and used by other people. While we strive to protect those who wish to participate in these Service features, we cannot control use or security of any information you post in public areas. 10. Contact Us
Your access to and use of the Service is subject to the Terms of Service and our Forum Rules.