|Special Event Base||Fortress||Spire|
Designed and first introduced by the Hell Hounds Rogue Faction, Spires were bases set up to act as communication satellite's across the World Map. These Spires were heavily guarded by both extensive Air and Ground Defenses.
- Spire's made their first appearance in Operation: Devil's Grip .
- There were only 2 levels for a Spire Deposit. Level 25 was a Small Spire, and level 45 was large Spire.
- Any Spire would produce a 5% Xp Bonus for as long as you hold it but lasts only a limited time.
- A Spire would expire and stop providing bonus Xp after approximately 3 Hours.
- Up to a maximum of 5 Spires could be controlled by any player throughout the event stacking up to a 25% Xp Bonus.
- Spires made their second appearance in Operation: Red Storm (2014) .
- Capture these “Spires” to gain an XP boost for your assaults.
- Capture Spires on the World Map to boost your XP gain in waves - the more Spires you hold while defeating a wave, the higher the XP payout for the wave!
- Spire bonuses were raised.
- Spires have returned in Operation: Red Storm (2014) , and this time they’ve improved!
- Spires now also give a set XP amount when captured!
- "Find Spires" will now take you only to Spires you can attack.
- You will receive a flat XP reward of 750XP for capturing a Spire.
- You will still receive a 5% XP boost for capturing a Spire.
- Once captured, Spires will be permanently bubbled until expiration.
- Spire difficulty has decreased since the last event.
- Spires will now immediately reward 1,000 XP once captured, and provide a 10% XP bonus throughout their duration.
Hit Expand to View This Section
- Will we ever see the spires or something other like them in events again?
- Absolutely! We’ll use those again for sure, very likely with tweaks based on player feedback from the events where they first appeared. - AMA with WC Design Team ( Aug 26, 2014 )
Galllery - Animated
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to enlarge.