- Stealth is the ability of a Unit to cloak itself using special technology in order to conceal its position and movements from the enemy.
- Stealth remains active and in effect while the unit is moving or targeting an enemy unit or structure.
- Stealth is disabled and the unit is uncloaked while in gauging in an attack or defense and is actively firing a weapon.
- Stealth is re-activated upon the unit ceasing all weapon fire.
- Several seconds are required to re-activate and re-cloak once shooting stops.
- Stealth will be uncloaked when there is an enemy unit/structure nearby, which will force the unit out of cloak. This includes enemies that are in cloak.
Stealth Capable Units
|STEALTH CAPABLE UNITS|
|Infiltrator||Infantry / Special Froces||Operation: Nighthawk ( Jul 23, 2015 )|
|Infiltrator Leader||Infantry / Special Froces||Operation: Nighthawk ( Jul 23, 2015 )|
|Phantom||Aircraft||Shadow Ops Campaign #4 - Assimilation ( May 01, 2015 )|
|Sarkis||Infantry / Special Forces||Shadow Ops Campaign #5 - Phantom Operative ( Jul 31, 2015 )|
|Cyclone||Aircraft / Special Forces||Operation: Night's End ( Oct 22th, 2015 )|
|Night Owl||Aircraft / Drone||Operation: Night's End ( Oct 22th, 2015 )|
|Click Picture Icon Above To View Larger Image|
Detecting Cloaked Units
A few situations will cause a Unit is Stealth mode to be detected by the enemy defenses without the Stealth unit engaging in fight.
- Land Mine Proximity :
- Any ground unit in Stealth mode standing close to Land Mines will become visible. Only the closest unit will become visible while all other units in the squad will remain in stealth.
- Structure & Unit Proximity :
- When Cloaked units approach Buildings or Defense Units, a gray indicator will be seen at the foot of the structure or unit. This indicator is displaying how close a cloaked unit can get to the target without being noticed.
- Once noticed, a red ( ) icon will be placed over the Units or Building exposing the Stealth units.
Each of the Unit Commands have a slightly different effect on a Stealth unit.
- Fire at Will :
- Under this command, Stealth units will fire and become visible at their maximum range while hunting down threats.
- Units will re-cloak when all enemies are eliminated or move out of its aggressive range.
- Hold Position :
- Under this command, Stealth units will only fire on targets within range and will not chase after them.
- Units will hold their position and re-stealth when the threat has been eliminated or move out of range.
- No Command Issued :
- Under this command, Stealth units will only fire when discovered by an approaching unit in close proximity.
- Units will follow enemy threats to a certain extent, then return to their original location re-stealthing.
Listed in Reverse Chronological Order -- Click [ Expand ] to View Earliest Updates
- Stealth received a fix in its Detection Radius in the Game Update of Nov 17, 2015.
- Stealth received improvements in the Game Update of Aug 04, 2015.
- Stealth became available on Sarkis via Shadow Ops Campaign #5 : Phantom Operative ( Jul 31, 2015 ).
- Stealth became available on the Infiltrator Leader during Operation: Nighthawk ( Jul 23, 2015 )
- Stealth became available on the Infiltrator during Operation: Nighthawk ( Jul 23, 2015 )
- Stealth was introduced on the Phantom via Shadow Ops Campaign #4 : Assimilation ( May 01, 2015 ).
- No Further Updates
- Cloaked Units may still be damaged by Indirect Targeting of Area of Effect and Splash Damage producing weapons.
- Status Effects may still be applied to Cloaked Units by Indirect Targeting weapons such as the Burner & Skybolt Missile.
- Status Effects may still be applied to Cloaked Units by weapons producing Splash Damage & Status Effects.
- Units affected by Concussion ( ) while uncloaked may not may not re-cloak unit the Status Effects have worn off.
- Units affected by Corrosion ( ) & Napalm ( ) continue to be damaged once re-cloaked.
- Cloaked Units may still be damaged by Land Mines.
Firsts & Records
- War Commander First :
- First Stealth capable Unit to be introduced - Phantom
- First Stealth capable Aircraft to be introduced - Phantom
- First Stealth capable Infantry to be introduced - ( Tie ) - Infiltrator Leader & Infiltrator
- First Stealth capable, Drone Silo compatible Drone to be introduced - Night Owl
- First Stealth capable Helicopter to be introduced - Cyclone
Click Expand to View Additional Quotes
|“||Close proximity will be pretty much in "shaking hands" distance.||”|
|— CM Sulaco - Kixeye Forum [src]|
Gallery - Animated
Images may have been resized to fit in the page. Click on an image to enlarge.